Call for Applications - Community Signer Elections

Preamble

With MIP 21 being enacted by our Governors in the Snapshot vote, we are now happy to start the election process with this post. This is the official announcement that starts this process that is specified in the proposal as the first step: Announcement. More details can be found in MIP 21.

The community signers are representatives of the (wider) community within the DAO multi-sigs.

Process

Interested members will be given 1 week to signal their interest. Once enough participants came forward, a governance call in which the candidates introduce themselves further and answer questions from the community will be scheduled during week 47 (22 Nov -26 Nov). The election snapshot vote will be opened the following week 48 (29 Nov - 3 Dec).

A ranked-choice vote will be utilized in Snapshot.

The term length is 6 months and a stipend of 1000 USD in MTA (calculated as the 30 VWAP) is provided for each signer.

Tasks and responsibilities

Being a signer is an active role, and does require regular activity and knowledge about the mStable ecosystem and the proposals that are up for execution.

Additional requirements are the following:

• Highest security practices for secure signing (e.g. Hardware Wallet)
  • Availability for signing on a regular basis (ad-hoc signing might be required)
  • Attending monthly signer calls
  • Prior experience with Gnosis Safe multi-sig is helpful
  • Support with additional tasks (if signer chooses to extend participation)

For the ProtocolDAO, additional technical background is preferred. For the TreasuryDAO, some expertise for responsible treasury management and its underlying processes is preferred.

An applicant may run for both DAOs but can only accept the election into one. I would like therefore to recommend applying only for the DAO that is the most aligned with the applicant’s expertise and interest.

Call to action

Calling all community members to reply to this post to signal their interest in running for the signer seats. Please provide the following information:

Application for this DAO: (ProtocolDAO or TreasuryDAO or both)

ENS name/Ethereum address:

My reasons for wanting to be a signer:

My qualifications/skills that would benefit the DAO:

My contributions to mStable so far:

Verified Message Signature: (https://app.mycrypto.com/sign-message)

We are looking forward to introducing community signers to each of the DAOs! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the CatHerders in our Discord.

2 Likes

Fantastic initiative @Dimsome - can’t wait to have more community members on the DAOs. This is another step in our decentralisation journey. Being a signer on the protocolDAO I can attest to the integrity and professionalism of how these DAOs are managed - it’s also quite fun!

2 Likes

Guess I’ll go first then…

DAO: ProtocolDAO or TreasuryDAO
ENS: trustindistrust.eth
Justification: I have been involved with mStable as a metanaut for a few months now. After consideration, I would like to take on more responsibility in the organization, and this is a reasonable way to do so. It exposes me to new skills and experiences without a huge risk to the organization.
Skills: While my professional focus lies in the field of information security, I have a broad technical background covering everything from PC hardware, virtualization, storage, networking, programming, etc. My emphasis is in infosec, where I am an Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), a qualification broadly deemed challenging to acquire. As such, I understand threat modeling and have a track record of improving the security ‘posture’ of my clients. I am actively working to bring my talent stack up to speed with web3, as I strongly believe it will supplant current technologies.

This would seem to make me a stronger fit for the ProtocolDAO. However, I’m throwing in my hat for the TreasuryDAO seat because I’m willing to take the job seriously, even if I don’t have a economic or similar background. I’ve done well for myself in the investing sense after deciding to take crypto more seriously in February of this year, and have made some pretty good bets that paid off. I try to stay plugged into various tokens, and would enjoy contributing ideas during discussions about the financial aspects of the protocol.

Contributions: As a metanaut I have generally done my best to represent the community in Discord, contribute ideas, feedback, and answer questions. I have been rewarded by my peers via Coordinape, which is a great feeling and positive feedback that what I’m doing is making a difference.

I’ve been working on a set of ‘slides’ via reveal.js for quickly onboarding new users to mStable and answering common questions. I’ve gotten feedback on them and am working to improve the quality of the work.

Lastly, I’ve been attending (where possible) the Friday hangout sessions, because I feel sometimes voice is the best communicator of ideas and opinion.

{
  "address": "0x2247772B13194424010404812bDEFd7025bFfeC3",
  "msg": "Guess I'll go first then...\n\n**DAO**: ProtocolDAO or TreasuryDAO\n**ENS**: trustindistrust.eth\n**Justification**: I have been involved with mStable as a metanaut for a few months now. After consideration, I would like to take on more responsibility in the organization, and this is a reasonable way to do so. It exposes me to new skills and experiences without a huge risk to the organization. \n**Skills**: While my professional focus lies in the field of information security, I have a broad technical background covering everything from PC hardware, virtualization, storage, networking, programming, etc. My emphasis is in infosec, where I am an Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), a qualification broadly deemed challenging to acquire. As such, I understand threat modeling and have a track record of improving the security 'posture' of my clients. I am actively working to bring my talent stack up to speed with web3, as I strongly believe it will supplant current technologies. \n\nThis would seem to make me a stronger fit for the ProtocolDAO. However, I'm throwing in my hat for the TreasuryDAO seat because I'm willing to take the job seriously, even if I don't have a economic or similar background. I've done well for myself in the investing sense after deciding to take crypto more seriously in February of this year, and have made some pretty good bets that paid off. I try to stay plugged into various tokens, and would enjoy contributing ideas during discussions about the financial aspects of the protocol.\n\n**Contributions**: As a metanaut I have generally done my best to represent the community in Discord, contribute ideas, feedback, and answer questions. I have been rewarded by my peers via Coordinape, which is a great feeling and positive feedback that what I'm doing is making a difference. \n\nI've been working on a set of 'slides' via reveal.js for quickly onboarding new users to mStable and answering common questions. I've gotten feedback on them and am working to improve the quality of the work.\n\nLastly, I've been attending (where possible) the Friday hangout sessions, because I feel sometimes voice is the best communicator of ideas and opinion. ",
  "sig": "0xbf89b5568308e092ffecded0d03b52edb01a3e87221439dfa9267b1b7cb0fc4e15a5881368261ba83c680c8170b30f8d44b03629bb0b82488ffe574032df2a6e1b",
  "version": "2"
}
3 Likes

:wave:

Application for this DAO: ProtocolDAO or TreasuryDAO

ENS name/Ethereum address: ethergreentree.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a signer: (1) mStable’s SAVE product is remarkable, and I want to play a part in growing its user base and contributing to its improvements in any way that I can. (2) I eventually want to go full-time in this space, and learning as much as I possibly can before doing so will only help me better prepare for that change. I believe that working in a DAO is one of the best ways to soak up and learn as much information as possible, from some of the best, brightest, and most experienced folks in this space. Seeing as there is an opportunity to be involved with one of my favorite products and protocols, I thought now is a great time to put my name in the hat.

My qualifications/skills that would benefit the DAO: I’ve been in and out of the crypto space (purely from an investment pov) since 2012. However, it wasn’t until the start of 2021 that I began spending the vast percentage of my free time learning everything that I can about basically anything that touches this space. Monetary policies, technologies, history, narratives, investment strategies and approaches, protocol design and developments, the culture of the space, and most importantly… it’s memes! (kidding…partially) - but there is an energy here that’s irresistible and I’ve yet to be able to walk away since falling down the rabbit hole.

I do my best to fully understand a protocol and its functions before taking a position or recommending it’s use case to others. In this “protocol deep dive” exercise, I try to understand both its technical design and monetary components in effort to gain an holistic view on its purpose. I’m also (more and more) trying to treat my personal investments in this space as a business (opposed to the aping lifestyle) which I believe is positioning me as a helpful member of either DAO.

I also bring some technical knowledge to the table due to my day-to-day work in the web2 world, which primarily resides within networking, rust programming, distributed systems, and layer 7 applications.

My contributions to mStable so far: Similarly to trustindistrust, I also do my best to help educate new or beginner users where I can as well as relay the credibility and professionalism of the product and the mStable team in the wider space. I also have put together a few of the bots in the discord (notably the buyback and make bot) as well as have operated as a member of the mStablegrantsDAO since it’s launch earlier this year.

Verified Message Signature:

{
  "address": "0x46fc1aB5582055C13B259A458E22eBa591e5D8eb",
  "msg": ":wave: \n\n**Application for this DAO:** ProtocolDAO or TreasuryDAO\n\n**ENS name/Ethereum address:** ethergreentree.eth\n\n**My reasons for wanting to be a signer:** (1) mStable's SAVE product is remarkable, and I want to play a part in growing its user base and contributing to its improvements in any way that I can. (2) I eventually want to go full-time in this space, and learning as much as I possibly can before doing so will only help me better prepare for that change. I believe that working in a DAO is one of the best ways to soak up and learn as much information as possible, from some of the best, brightest, and most experienced folks in this space. Seeing as there is an opportunity to be involved with one of my favorite products and protocols, I thought now is a great time to put my name in the hat. \n\n**My qualifications/skills that would benefit the DAO:** I've been in and out of the crypto space (purely from an investment pov) since 2012. However, it wasn't until the start of 2021 that I began spending the vast percentage of my free time learning everything that I can about basically anything that touches this space. Monetary policies, technologies, history, narratives, investment strategies and approaches, protocol design and developments, the culture of the space, and most importantly... it's memes! (kidding..partially) - but there is an energy here that's irresistible and I've yet to be able to walk away since falling down the rabbit hole. \n\nI do my best to fully understand a protocol and its functions before taking a position or recommending it's use case to others. In this \"protocol deep dive\" exercise, I try to understand both its technical design and monetary components in effort to gain an holistic view on its purpose. I'm also (more and more) trying to treat my personal investments in this space as a business (opposed to the aping lifestyle) which I believe is positioning me as a helpful member of either DAO. \n\nI also bring some technical knowledge to the table due to my day-to-day work in the web2 world, which primarily resides within networking, rust programming, distributed systems, and layer 7 applications. \n\n**My contributions to mStable so far:** Similarly to trustindistrust, I also do my best to help educate new or beginner users where I can as well as relay the credibility and professionalism of the product and the mStable team in the wider space. I also have put together a few of the bots in the discord (notably the buyback and make bot) as well as have operated as a member of the mStablegrantsDAO since it's launch earlier this year. ",
  "sig": "0xce7548396cfea9a96a13e1a997f0b485438b4310d9fabecea2e11cc6765d1de2641fe3041d57d156d0a842ea29e94de3cb75977c373618daf3950f74a65bf6c71b",
}

Looking forward to the future of mStable, whether or not this works out for me to be part of the team. Cheers!

2 Likes

Application for this DAO: TreasuryDAO

ENS name/Ethereum address: Jeshli.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a signer: I am happy that the Treasury DAO is adding a seat. I hope that everyone in the DAO would want to support the DAO in this way.

My qualifications/skills that would benefit the DAO: I enjoy mathematics and economics. I plan to make many models for this protocol and use DUNE analytics in order to support my claims. I enjoy researching the space and plan to stay up to date on current developments in the defi space.

My contributions to mStable so far: I’ve used the protocol in almost every way possible at this point, caught two production errors so far, and I answer questions on Discord every chance I get. My first Dashboard is in the works, here is the current version.

{ “address”: “0x41374B389772D5aEd41240a57f5FFB087C6bfA93”,
“msg”: “Application for this DAO: TreasuryDAO\n\nENS name/Ethereum address: Jeshli.eth\n\nMy reasons for wanting to be a signer: I am happy that the Treasury DAO is adding a seat. I hope that everyone in the DAO would want to support the DAO in this way.\n\nMy qualifications/skills that would benefit the DAO: I enjoy mathematics and economics. I plan to make many models for this protocol and use DUNE analytics in order to support my claims. I enjoy researching the space and plan to stay up to date on current developments in the defi space.\n\nMy contributions to mStable so far: I’ve used the protocol in almost every way possible at this point, caught two production errors so far, and I answer questions on Discord every chance I get. My first Dashboard is in the works, here is the current version 1.\n\n\n”,
“sig”: “0x91002386c9a7697dfd36b5b37e5f458881a782dc5723ef38bf64b724d6a4baf47a1938def51bcde9a98ac9c51d14770b1238f94da70601a967c80c93bc52235c1b”,
“version”: “2”
}

1 Like

Hi, I’m Oli! Thanks for considering my application.

Application for this DAO: TreasuryDAO

ENS name/Ethereum address: okilo.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a signer:

I firmly believe that DAOs are the future - not just of employment, but of coordination. As we’ve seen in recent days/months with projects such as KlimaDAO and ConstitutionDAO, DAOs are capable of facilitating social and financial coordination on levels we haven’t seen - and I think these examples are merely scratching the surface of what’s to come.

I’ve been contributing to mStable as a mod since August and would like to increase my responsibility within the DAO, if the governors will have me.

My qualifications/skills that would benefit the DAO:

• 9 years experience clinical and technical support for a Fortune 500 where I have a quota target, achieved by providing top-tier support and incremental sales on several multi-million dollar accounts in both the US and Australia.
  • This experience allows me to bring an air of extreme professionalism to the project ⁃ I can put things in layman’s terms easily.
  • BS in computer science which gives me a fundamental understanding how CS works.
  • Early interest in crypto so I’m familiar with its history. I began GPU mining in 2014 on Wafflepool, and then took a 7-year break from crypto while watching from afar, before experiencing defi in February of this year.
  • Ability to understand/read/write contracts on etherscan.

My contributions to mStable so far:

• I have been a mod for mStable since August and am also involved in business development, reporting to Théo and James.
  • Additionally, I’ve contributed thoughts and feedback towards governance and Treasury planning.

{
  "address": "0x5486e7004003ECa0645c870e16D03D8fd5E68F18",
  "msg": "Hi, I’m Oli! Thanks for considering my application.\n \nApplication for this DAO: TreasuryDAO\nENS name/Ethereum address: okilo.eth\nMy reasons for wanting to be a signer: \nI firmly believe that DAOs are the future - not just of employment, but of coordination. As we’ve seen in recent days/months with projects such as KlimaDAO and ConstitutionDAO, DAOs are capable of facilitating social and financial coordination on levels we haven’t seen - and I think these examples are merely scratching the surface of what’s to come.\nI’ve been contributing to mStable as a mod since August and would like to increase my responsibility within the DAO, if the governors will have me.\nMy qualifications/skills that would benefit the DAO:\n9 years experience clinical and technical support for a Fortune 500 where I have a quota target, achieved by providing top-tier support and incremental sales on several multi-million dollar accounts in both the US and Australia.\nThis experience allows me to bring an air of extreme professionalism to the project ⁃ I can put things in layman’s terms easily. \nBS in computer science which gives me a fundamental understanding how CS works. \nEarly interest in crypto so I’m familiar with its history. I began GPU mining in 2014 on Wafflepool, and then took a 7-year break from crypto while watching from afar, before experiencing defi in February of this year.\nAbility to understand/read/write contracts on etherscan.\nMy contributions to mStable so far:\nI have been a mod for mStable since August and am also involved in business development, reporting to Théo and James.\nAdditionally, I’ve contributed thoughts and feedback towards governance and Treasury planning.\n",
  "sig": "0xdb611648d210056698b8ecac87e03b91fa777b4a416d6d936670f66b5176e96c113d34c47f7dd3c61f3d15ec5bfc7275e1c4a37b024a49900365b697ed0e4a761c",
}
2 Likes

Last Call, last chance! Will be closing down this thread in 24h.

1 Like

The vote has been resolved

Pending confirmation of the election from the elected signers, we will onboard them soon! Elected members, please respond to the thread if you accept the election.

ProtocolDAO:

TreasuryDAO:

1 Like

I accept. Thank you all for this opportunity!

3 Likes

I accept the result.

1 Like

I accept the result. Thank you everyone! Excited to become an official signer.

1 Like

Thanks! We will begin onboarding shortly in the coming week.