✔️ Call for Applications - TreasuryDAO Signer Election (H2 2022)

Preamble

With TDP 45 being resolved by our Meta Governors via Snapshot, we are now happy to start the election process for the TreasuryDAO with this post. This is the official announcement that starts this process that is specified in the proposal as the first step: Announcement. More details can be found in TDP 45.

Process

Interested members will be given 2 weeks to signal their interest in written form in this thread (with further details below), and an additional period of 2 weeks can be added to the initial timeframe should quorum for seats not be met. The respective TreasuryDAO signer election Snapshot vote will be opened the following week.

A multi-winner ranked-choice voting option will be utilized via Snapshot.

The term length is 6 months and a stipend of 1000 mUSD per month is provided for each signer.

Tasks and responsibilities

Being a signer for the TreasuryDAO is an active role, and it does require regular activity and knowledge about the mStable ecosystem and the proposals that are up for execution. This new structure does not allow for passivity and simply signing transactions that are queued in the multisig!

The basic tasks and responsibilities of each signer are as follows:

1.) Be available to confirm multi-sig transactions within a 24 hour time window except in rare circumstances, which should be communicated to the Cat Herder at least 24 hours in advance

2.) Be available and willing to participate actively in monthly TreasuryDAO & Governance Signer Calls (in the afternoon hours UTC)

3.) Have a solid understanding of good OpSec practices, including the mandatory usage of a hardware wallet

4.) Additionally, TreasuryDAO core contributors should have a sound understanding of DeFi, keep themselves updated on developments and emerging technologies, and be able to read and understand queued multi-sig transactions and their expected behaviour.

Call to action

Calling all interested applicants to reply to this post to signal their intent in running for the signer seats. Please provide the following information:

ENS name/Ethereum address:

Current position, if any, inside the mStableDAO:

My reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO:

My qualifications/skills/relevant experiences that would benefit the DAO:

My contributions to mStable so far:

Verified Message Signature: (https://app.mycrypto.com/sign-message 4)

Next Steps

Pending no delays in regards to reaching quorum, this election will be taken to a Snapshot vote on Monday, the 8th of August 2022.

We are looking forward to executing the mStableDAO restructuring and onboarding our first set of signers! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Cat Herder in our Discord.

1 Like

ENS name/Ethereum address: okilo.eth

Current position, if any, inside the mStableDAO: Treasury DAO signer, Discord moderator

My reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO: I’ve enjoyed playing a pivotal part of the mStable DAO, and with everyone’s blessing, would love to continue.

• 10 years experience clinical and technical support for a Fortune 500 where I have a quota target, achieved by providing top-tier support and incremental sales on several multi-million dollar accounts in both the US and Australia.
  • This experience allows me to bring an air of extreme professionalism to the project ⁃ I can put things in layman’s terms easily.
  • BS in computer science which gives me a fundamental understanding how CS works.
  • Early interest in crypto so I’m familiar with its history. I began GPU mining in 2014 on Wafflepool, and then took a 7-year break from crypto while watching from afar, before experiencing defi in February of this year.
  • Ability to understand/read/write contracts on etherscan.

Treasury DAO signer since November 2021, Discord moderator since August 2021 (1-year anniversary next month!)

Verified Message Signature:
{
“address”: “0x5486e7004003ECa0645c870e16D03D8fd5E68F18”,
“msg”: "ENS name/Ethereum address: okilo.eth\n\nCurrent position, if any, inside the mStableDAO: Treasury DAO signer, Discord moderator\n\nMy reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO: I’ve enjoyed playing a pivotal part of the mStable DAO, and with everyone’s blessing, would love to continue.\n\nMy qualifications/skills/relevant experiences that would benefit the DAO: \n10 years experience clinical and technical support for a Fortune 500 where I have a quota target, achieved by providing top-tier support and incremental sales on several multi-million dollar accounts in both the US and Australia.\nThis experience allows me to bring an air of extreme professionalism to the project ⁃ I can put things in layman’s terms easily.\nBS in computer science which gives me a fundamental understanding how CS works.\nEarly interest in crypto so I’m familiar with its history. I began GPU mining in 2014 on Wafflepool, and then took a 7-year break from crypto while watching from afar, before experiencing defi in February of this year.\nAbility to understand/read/write contracts on etherscan.\n\nMy contributions to mStable so far:\nTreasury DAO signer since November 2021, Discord moderator since August 2021 (1-year anniversary next month!)\n\nVerified Message Signature: ",
“sig”: “0x7f350170d8ed89a6bb395a33e8141d0c3d4f5b78a74c3b4dcc0cc3a24dcd32f9152b15fee31b0a324b99fd829d697abb128df6f0b8fbcd89370dc764167265201b”,
“version”: “2”
}

3 Likes

ENS name/Ethereum address: Nesk.eth

Current position, if any, inside the mStableDAO: Core contributor - Data scientist

My reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO: As a core contributor, I’m already deeply involved in the development of mStable, and I’d like to make sure that the treasury is managed and secured accordingly.

• As an economist, I’ll be able to understand what’s the best way to allocate funds to ensure the long term sustainability of the DAO, without taking unnecessary risks. As an example, here’s a Medium Post from March 30th in which I compared UST monetary policy with the Argentinian Peso, predicting its outcome.
  • I’m always researching about the newest developments in the DeFi ecosystem, and leverage my background to differentiate the value from the dust
  • As a core contributor, I’m aligned to take care of funds in a strategic way, as my main source of income is relying on that

My contributions to mStable so far: I’ve been Data Scientist for three months.

{
  "address": "0xBb330652D70eF1204d39d0880896B017a1BB1774",
  "msg": "ENS name/Ethereum address: Nesk.eth\n\nCurrent position, if any, inside the mStableDAO: Core contributor - Data scientist\n\nMy reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO: As a core contributor, I'm already deeply involved in the development of mStable, and I'd like to make sure that the treasury is managed and secured accordingly.\n\nMy qualifications/skills/relevant experiences that would benefit the DAO:\n- As an economist, I'll be able to understand what's the best way to allocate funds to ensure the long term sustainability of the DAO, without taking unnecessary risks. As an example, here's a [Medium Post](https://blog.blockmagnates.com/why-could-ust-end-up-like-the-argentinian-peso-because-they-are-taking-the-same-monetary-policy-7817a2b3ab16) from March 30th in which I compared UST monetary policy with the Argentinian Peso, predicting its outcome. \n- I'm always researching about the newest developments in the DeFi ecosystem, and leverage my background to differentiate the value from the dust\n- As a core contributor, I'm aligned to take care of funds in a strategic way, as my main source of income is relying on that\n\nMy contributions to mStable so far: I've been Data Scientist for three months.",
  "sig": "0xd73050c736f322ad00b93b3b0207dcd2fe7028dd015b33f0b17937fb70859eaf45cb14976ed532db54d9ce35f8e408e855a4f5dfc7ee6240cd8583715feee5cd01",
  "version": "2"
}
2 Likes

ENS name/Ethereum address: 0xB27a7bD98421EB9eAEE522335F45A6F5B65C5C8d

Current position inside the mStableDAO: Treasury DAO signer, Asset Management SubDAO Signer

Reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO
I’ve been an active signer on the Asset Management board since February and really enjoy thinking and executing mStable Treasury management decision

Qualifications/skills/relevant experiences that would benefit the DAO:

• 5 months swiftly executing Asset Management DAO work
  • Financial engineering background, with previous experience in M&A, PE, VC
  • Solid interest and understanding of structured financial products
  • Extended network within DeFi helping seize and act on early investment opportunities

Contributions to mStable so far:

• Core contributor at mStable since Sept-21, currently Strategy Lead
  • Asset Management Sub DAO signer since Feb 2022
  • Gorgeous sticker collection

Proof of address ownership

{
“address”: “0xB27a7bD98421EB9eAEE522335F45A6F5B65C5C8d”,
“msg”: “ENS name/Ethereum address: 0xB27a7bD98421EB9eAEE522335F45A6F5B65C5C8d\n\nCurrent position inside the mStableDAO: Treasury DAO signer, Asset Management SubDAO Signer\n\nReasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO\nI’ve been an active signer on the Asset Management board since February and really enjoy thinking and executing mStable Treasury management decision \n\nQualifications/skills/relevant experiences that would benefit the DAO:\n\n* 5 months swiftly executing Asset Management DAO work\n* Financial engineering background, with previous experience in M&A, PE, VC\n* Solid interest and understanding of structured financial products\n* Extended network within DeFi helping seize and act on early investment opportunities\n\nContributions to mStable so far:\n- Core contributor at mStable since Sept-21, currently Strategy Lead\n- Asset Management Sub DAO signer since Feb 2022\n- Gorgeous sticker collection”,
“sig”: “0x5313925a322d9afee905df65a49cffb093a00219e3d0023ae64b3895d974e049006296cf520b2f5beece32894f1ef4ab457ba3b227b8a617897b5ac0fdce138201”,
}

1 Like

Hey guys this is Tom from Munich, Stephans (@mZeroNine) best friend. I am very interested in becoming a part of the mStable governance process.

I am with the crypto environment since 2018 as I see it as a disruptive technology with high potential of changing a lot of things to their best side. I have a lot of experience in trading and technical analysis and see it as my hobby looking at charts and their moves.

Becoming a part of the community and espacially the role of a signer is a very nice personal incentive for me to get much more deeper in that habit hole.

Due to the friendship with Stephan I had some very nice discussions about mStable and see it is a very valuable project. Being a part of it and helping out would be a pleasure.

I am happy to get you to know.

Cheers from Munich
Tom

ENS name/Ethereum address: 0x70C95c2e56ffda6f08a5c9E81cfd6D609D0003B5

Current position, if any, inside the mStableDAO: No - new

My reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO: Gaining a lot of interest due to Stephan for mStable and happy to help the mStableDAO

My qualifications/skills/relevant experiences that would benefit the DAO: I am Senior Manager in a German consulting company and have a lot of experience in business processes. My biggest hobby is everything which has to do with financials and the DeFi.

My contributions to mStable so far: Together with Stephan I invested in the GUSD feeder pool and we anticipate to continue further investments in the mStable ecosystem with the launch of mStable V2

{
  "address": "0x70C95c2e56ffda6f08a5c9E81cfd6D609D0003B5",
  "msg": "Hi, this is Tom, I verify the ownership of this adress - I am happy to contribute to the TreasuryDAO! \n\nTom",
  "sig": "0x415e34ff0c893f31e90bfd2c9291319af3008e49dda4c627cabbe8610fd514482d152b81e77dc8c5c9a61d9dcfaefde3b6e8a659c4b9cde3a7efd0acdc658cb601",
}
1 Like

0x524269E900ca6ebe2FC57d719995c8D167F8b260

Current signer on the TreasuryDAO and full time contributor (Operations)

I have enjoyed my role as a signer on the TreasuryDAO over the last 10 months and would love to continue representing MTA Governors and doing my part in ensuring that treasury funds are managed and allocated in line with their collective wishes.

• Over 1 year as a full-time contributor to mStable with a large amount of experience in creating and executing multisig transactions across the TreasuryDAO and Funding subDAO
  • In depth knowledge of Gnosis Safe and other DAO tooling
  • Broad knowledge of mStable ecosystem including processes, contributors and project history
  • Focus on Operational Security

Streamlining operations across the organisation to increase automation, reduce repetitive tasks, clarify operational policies, simplify and document operational processes, and ensure continuity of funding and timely payment of contributors.

"address": "0x524269E900ca6ebe2FC57d719995c8D167F8b260",
  "msg": "ENS name/Ethereum address:\n\n0x524269E900ca6ebe2FC57d719995c8D167F8b260\n\nCurrent position, if any, inside the mStableDAO:\n\nCurrent signer on the TreasuryDAO and full time contributor (Operations)\n\nMy reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO:\n\nI have enjoyed my role as a signer on the TreasuryDAO over the last 10 months and would love to continue representing MTA Governors and doing my part in ensuring that treasury funds are managed and allocated in line with their collective wishes.\n\nMy qualifications/skills/relevant experiences that would benefit the DAO:\n\nOver 1 year as a full-time contributor to mStable with a large amount of experience in creating and executing multisig transactions across the TreasuryDAO and Funding subDAO\nIn depth knowledge of Gnosis Safe and other DAO tooling\nBroad knowledge of mStable ecosystem including processes, contributors and project history\nFocus on Operational Security\n\nMy contributions to mStable so far:\n\nStreamlining operations across the organisation to increase automation, reduce repetitive tasks, clarify operational policies, simplify and document operational processes, and ensure continuity of funding and timely payment of contributors.",
  "sig": "0x9e6f04af6b891b0bb12ef78a3687549ef224f931ac45b43b2115f199828b73181479895882a6a743a35a8e9578aad0877f84466a0bdc05526cf7158eaa26728600",
}

ENS name/Ethereum address

Doctor-Strange.eth

Current position, if any, inside the mStableDAO

I have no current position inside the mStableDAO. I was recently a member of the Grants DAO for a short period of time. I am not a core contributor and have no position at mStable. I am a community member.

My reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO

The mStable community needs active representation in its DAO in order to correct misinformation and call out uninformed beliefs which can often go unchallenged and direct the entire future of the protocol. The ethos of a token based community is to enable fluid and open contribution to the protocol. That has not been my experience. Engaging in an accountable way such as joining the Treasury DAO would enhance my ability to contribute to mStable:

• it would aid me in deciding which metrics to analyze to both aid good decisions and combat uninformed ones.
  • it would incentivize me to spend more time contributing to research.

I hold a nontrivial amount of mUSD and want what is safest for mUSD holders and also what is best for mStable.

My qualifications/skills/relevant experiences that would benefit the DAO

As a member of the Grants DAO, I demonstrated my ability to sign transactions in a timely manner. I also learned the importance of speaking up, being more conservative in MTA expenditures, and to call out glaring inconsistencies such as having funds as MTA but issuing grants measured in USD.

I have great interest in the evolution of decentralized finance. This is what drew me into the mStable community. Since then, I have greatly increased the amount of attention I provide to bribes. Currently, half of the revenues generated for mStable on Ethereum are due to the mUSD/3Curve Pool on Curve Finance. It is critical that we evaluate sustainable practices for accumulating CVX and CRV. Similarly, FXS incentivization has generated the lionshare of revenues for mStable on Polygon. It is essential that mStable balance the cost and benefit of bribes versus the cost of accumulating tokens versus letting these revenue sources die. The treasury should be prepared in advance for upcoming changes in the defi landscape. For instance, AAVE is planning on launching a stable coin and mStable recently begain accumulating AAVE. The treasury should develop a strategy to mint GHO against stkAAVE and earn CVX and CRV once a GHO metapool is approved and incentivized so that it can be voted on and an execution plan can be developed before the GHO metapool is active.

I am currently building a git repository of my DUNE query snippets. DUNE queries are typically a collection of many other subqueries. By producing a clean repository it will be easier to build new queries in the future and easier to update old ones should a breaking change be introduced.

I have a PhD in Machine Learning and my undergrad was in Mathematics and Economics. I enjoy making models and can often make them very quickly. I have spent time learning how to develop DUNE queries so that I could contribute to mStable despite it not being a core interest of mine. In industry, I have often seen that I can spend only 10% of my time building a minimum viable product which achieves 80% of the desired goal and that the successive return on investment is exponentially decreasing. I would both provide meaningful contribution to the DAO and make clear that I have the same expectations from others in the DAO.

My contributions to mStable so far

Dashboards

• Successfully fulfilled the referral revenue bounty - Referral Revenue. This alleviated developer work and removed GraphQL execution costs. This query demonstrates my capacity in creating DUNE dashboards and is not a simple query.

• It requires parsing the transaction data and transforming the raw data into a function and inputs.
    • It required developing a FIFO accounting system which aligns many different potential referrals for a single depositor with a single type of withdraw (not specific to any referral). Developing an efficient query for this is not a talent that all individuals possess.
  • Openly and freely contributed to the analysis of emissions and dials. Emission Efficacy

• There are many insights available in this dashboard. Although the main purpose is revenue per MTA emitted, there is also a graphic which tracks what is done with those rewards (are they sold, restaked, or other). The compensation from a seat on the Treasury DAO would justify my continued effort on this Dashboard. For instance, what is done with rewards can be tracked over time and can be recursively factored into the emissions calculations in order to separate MTA emissions restaked from those sold in order to better understand emission impacts on MTA price.
  • Freely contributed other smaller dashboards:

1. Started a Dashboard analyzing user metrics. User Metrics
    2. Aided research for a thesis promoting adding LUSD to the mBasket. LUSD vs SUSD
    3. Addressed discord members’ questions with an informative dashboard. imUSD conversion rate

Mathematical models

• On the forum, provided a simple model to aid in understanding how the responsiveness of individual signers converts to responsitivity of the multisig signer reponsiveness time
  • In the same thread, provided a similar model for translating the individual probability of being a malicious/incompentent actor to the risk a malicious act is commited to by the multisig multisig malcious actors

Active on the Forum

• On at least one occasion, I called out a mistake in a forum proposal which changed the entire direction of the conversation. Incorrect CVX minimum

{
  "address": "0xE0F9B252483A84CfBe1d6f725365Db7e4A7e502c",
  "msg": "This is Jeshli's Treasury DAO application",
  "sig": "0x0cfc9bbb288bf93315535e6194d859e1ee9312efa093c2cd33d2dd57379098491d52ff2c16722d9dbeba0b580c57992f2a9610470e1449cd035f205d507fbfe201",
}
4 Likes

phenrikand

No current position in mStable, other than active participant in governance.

I’d like to help the mStable DAO as it is a project close to my heart.

Co-founder mStable, Co-founder dHEDGE and CIO of crypto fund Apollo Capital.

Co-founder mStable.

{
“address”: “0x5e055693D6FeE356ABe3Ff5960584b839184101E”,
“msg”: “ENS name/Ethereum address:\n\nphenrikand\n\nCurrent position, if any, inside the mStableDAO:\n\nNo current position in mStable, other than active participant in governance.\n\nMy reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO:\n\nI’d like to help the mStable DAO as it is a project close to my heart.\n\nMy qualifications/skills/relevant experiences that would benefit the DAO:\n\nCo-founder mStable, Co-founder dHEDGE and CIO of crypto fund Apollo Capital.\n\nMy contributions to mStable so far:\n\nCo-founder mStable.”,
“sig”: “0x67dbca73ddf9ce2358bcc5223d58f42798af508259c2d433ac455f4470294a837629666cd1a27d12c6e4dd653df9cbc05e168d579492cc776afb6193bb868fc71b”,
}

0xC26E7b4103a4026557917149C9D9e3Eb8238BE66

Growth and Partnerships

Contribute actively on protocol governance and ensuring votes are executed on MTA holders’ will

2 years of contributing to mStable part-time - content, partnerships, strategy, product, etc

2 years of contributing to mStable part-time - content, partnerships, strategy, product, etc

{
  "address": "0xC26E7b4103a4026557917149C9D9e3Eb8238BE66",
  "msg": "**ENS name/Ethereum address:**\n0xC26E7b4103a4026557917149C9D9e3Eb8238BE66\n\n**Current position, if any, inside the mStableDAO:**\nGrowth and Partnerships\n\n**My reasons for wanting to be a signer on the DAO:**\nContribute actively on protocol governance and ensuring votes are executed on MTA holders' will\n\n**My qualifications/skills/relevant experiences that would benefit the DAO:**\n2 years of contributing to mStable part-time - content, partnerships, strategy, product, etc\n\n**My contributions to mStable so far:**\n2 years of contributing to mStable part-time - content, partnerships, strategy, product, etc\n\n**Verified Message Signature:** ([https://app.mycrypto.com/sign-message 4 ](https://app.mycrypto.com/sign-message))",
  "sig": "0x42c6324ecf2d77be72a993f8d8e4872aa8c0e2aac9621768738bfff18b16b35e50f90019b3fc9e87f2f84bd3530a1e248fbb0f2d6690245b7f68c705020b5c5c1b",
}

A big thank you to everyone that applied in the official mStable H2 Signer Elections of 2022!

We will now move all applicants into a multi-winner ranked-choice voting Snapshot that will commence on the 8th of August 2022 and complete on the 12th of August 2022 at 10AM UTC!

Please ensure that you have also verified each of the signatures of each applicant you intend voting on prior to the Snapshot to ensure their 0x address and application is legitimate! (You can easily verify each signature here)

Very much looking forward to welcoming all winners into the respective DAO, and wagmi! :sunglasses:

1 Like

The mStable TreasuryDAO Signer Elections for the 2nd half of 2022 are now officially live, and will conclude this Friday at 10AM UTC!

Get your votes in sers! :+1:

1 Like

The signer elections have resolved

Pending confirmation of the election from the elected signers, we will begin the onboarding process!

Elected members, please respond to the thread if you accept the election.

TreasuryDAO

• Multi-Winner Ranked Choice Result: GitHub

@TClochard: Do you accept the result? :heavy_check_mark:
@soulsby : Do you accept the result? :heavy_check_mark:
@phenrikand: Do you accept the result? :heavy_check_mark:
@Jeshli: Do you accept the result? :heavy_check_mark:
@nesk: Do you accept the result? :heavy_check_mark:
@OliJ: Do you accept the result? :heavy_check_mark:

A very important note regarding @phenrikand: please also state explicitly if you wish to be elected into the TreasuryDAO OR the ProtocolDAO, as you won a seat in both and we need to re-run the script to determine who will be elected into the DAO you will not take part in.

Thank you everyone for voting, and upon successful resolution of the signers accepting their seat, we will begin the above mentioned signer rotation manoeuvre.

1 Like

I gladly accept the result.

2 Likes

I accept, thank you!

2 Likes

I have reviewed Dimsome’s code and I accept the result.

3 Likes

Thanks @mZeroNine , I am happy to accept the position. I have also independently verified the results by running Dimsome’s algorithm.

2 Likes

I accept the result but please note that I can’t do calls in the afternoon UTC as I’m based in AEST.

1 Like

I accept the result, happy to see this new batch of signers

1 Like

The TreasuryDAO Signer Rotation for H2 2022 has now officially concluded, and community and ecosystem participants can verify the correctness of the multisig via the following links:

TreasuryDAO Mainnet
Asset Management subDAO Mainnet (for Asset Migration into TreasuryDAO- to be sunset after)

Thank you everyone for your hard work, and let’s go to the moon! :saluting_face: