[Closed] Re-vote about all pool and give it legitimacy of governance

As discussed in the Discord, the MTA is currently struggling with lower prices.

I think there should be an active debate, but there should be a re-vote on all of the current EcosystemPools to give them legitimacy.

Let’s get the inflation rate to a form that the governance is comfortable with and discuss how to proceed from there.

Proposals.

• continue the USDC50/mUSD50 Pool? yes/no
  • If continue, what is the appropriate amount of compensation?
  • 5k/10k/20k
  • Do you want to continue with the Uniswap MTA50/WETH50 Pool? yes/no
    5k/10k/20k/25k
  • continue with the Pool of Balancer MTA5/mUSD95? yes/no
    5k/10k/20k
  • continue with the Balancer WETH50/mUSD50 Pool? yes/no
    5k/10k/20k

Curve and Stake are not included in this issue.

My thoughts.
The amount of distribution is capped and should not reward the extra pool.
More rewards should be passed on to improve liquidity in mAsset (i.e. mUSD) and other pools will be the cause of lower prices.

We should add Uniswap’s ETH/mUSD in the future, but we have left it out of this proposal because of the shifting scope.

I think the appropriate course of action is to use this Governance vote as a starting point to start discussing the nature of compensation.

Well put. I agree a re-evaluation is needed, but would prefer to see the 5:95 rewards end immediately and then this post.

In my opinion:

BALANCER REWARD POOLS
50:50 mta:mUSD 0.01%swap 10k Rewards (LP POOL)
50:50 mUSD:USDC 0.01% swap 10k Rewards (LP POOL)
50:50 mUSD:wETH 0.01% swap 10k Rewards (LP POOL)
20:20:20:20:20 mUSD:MTA:USDC:wETH:BAL 0.29% swap 20k Rewards (LP POOL)

That is a 70:170:70:70:20 MTA:mUSD:wETH:USDC:BAL overall weight.

It is heavy on the mUSD side, but the 0.01% swaps make mta:musd:weth:usdc very liquid in chain swaps. These pools will earn approx 25% BAL-APY + 10k mta / wk.

The 5x20 pool is there to give liquidity entry via BAL token and captures the BALFACTOR And ETHFACTOR for a higher apy. I will create that pool later, but I think it will be 80% BAL-APY.

I have not evaluated beyond the balancer pools yet. My setup above has 50k rewards so we gotta pull 5k from somewhere.

The 5x20 pool has higher slippage and IL so the fee is higher, but less than uniswap, and gives governance to Balancer as pooled BAL can still vote. Higher risk should get more reward.

Great start and revival into an existing pool discussion.

May I suggest once we have some traction to formalise into a simple proposal e.g. wind down 95/5 mUSD/Mta pool?

:laughing: do you use discord?

Last night I made a 50:50 and proposed the immediate change… The 5:95 is 100% a :skull: :8ball: for the ecosystem ever since the 95:5 matching rewards pool ended due to the math of how defi works.

Thank you for the feedback.
I hope to be able to move forward with the vote.

I’m not opposed to voting on the 5:95 repeal right away either.
However, I think moving the 5:95 reward to 50:50 should be treated as a separate issue, as it does not lead to inflation reduction.

Closing this topic because of various duplicates