Link voting wallet address to forum handle for reputation

We are building a reputation system for DAO contributors at Karma. As part of that, we have built a Karma reputation dashboard to rank mStable governance participants based on their activity in snapshot, on-chain voting and forum activity.

To see full reputation, governance participants have to link their forum handle/username to their wallet used for voting. This will help us show all your activity in one place and also boost your karma reputation score. We would like to use this Topic for governance participants to sign a message using their wallet and post it here so we can link.

If you are interested in seeing all your activity, please link your forum handle to your wallet on Karma dashboard. Here is the video showing how to link your wallet address and forum handle: How to guide

1 Like

Howdy and welcome ser!

Pretty interesting concept! Is this similar to Messari Governor?

I also tried to Link my profile and account, but couldn’t find the Link button explained in the How to Guide :thinking:

Also, what is the end-goal of this reputation system? I kind of love the idea, but wonder hwo it could be implemented into our own governance. Would someone with a higher score simply be more trustworthy in their decision-making, or can it be used in other ways in the future, i.e. Snapshot?

Great to have you onboard, and have a great weekend ahead!

Thanks @mZeroNine. We are focusing purely on DAO contributors, their reputation and for DAOs to track who their contributors are.

Sorry, I was waiting for the post to get approved. You can link now!

Great question. Few ways DAOs use today and are planning to use

1. This reputation data is used as one of the data points for electing contributors to a governance council
  2. In DAOs with delegation model, token holders can delegate to delegates based on their reputation in the DAO
  3. DAOs use it for visibility into how their contributors are doing, if they are truly active (used for compensation etc.)
  4. Contributors themselves use it to improve their own activity in the DAO
  5. This is like a resume for contributors that shows their work across all the DAOs they are in and useful to show their proof of work in one place
  6. We would love for DAOs to use this for reputation weighted voting (through snapshot or others)

Verifying my forum identity for mstable governance addr: 0x908db31ce01dc42c8b712f9156e969bc65023119 sig: 0xb27d94a4607e302e30a4eec534444f52cea6961d8d51b599f44130c8ab01ff0807835daaa7a9ee85c62b40a15958b17a327c0893333602dcabf0789419e0850b00 #mstablegovernance

Thanks a lot for the great elaborations, this clears a lot of things up!

So I just linked my forum account and keen to see how this will influence the overall score. I think as we’re decentralizing the multi-sig more and more with contributors from the ecosystem directly, this score would serve as a nice baseline indicator on how effective someone is most likely going to be in the signer position.

I’m curious too to see if people would go to the site and evaluate the signers up for election based on this score?

Do you think this is a prime use-case for Karma moving forward @mmurthy?

Watching this topic with interest.

1 Like

That’s great to hear!

If you think it is valuable to the community, would you be open to linking to Karma where it is easy for people to find the site and evaluate?

I would say this can be the main use case. I still think there can be more benefits. Interested to jump on a call and discuss?

Verifying my forum identity for mstable governance addr: 0xb2d6cc7098c3aeca089b6580a44b34559cd40971 sig: 0xaba19f16cb2929775421e0c22bf436074181c6b6b34a62d5cbcf98dc9719d0cc48b8cb2241c4c740e82bf19bcd1c50bafe050cb3d217697ed4f713e623a562b61c #mstablegovernance

I can definitely see this being useful in informing decisions in signer elections and keeping track of contributions.

1 Like

Hey @mmurthy
Thanks a lot for sharing this Karma Dashboard.
I really like this way of pairing engagement with metrics.
As we’re currently deeply thinking about our DAO Structure and signers, this data would be extremely helpful for the mStable community to measure engagement (operational one with signing but also contributing to the ideation on the forum) and make informed decisions. We could ask contributors to sign-up for this.

I wonder how granular the “forum activity” is measured.
Does commenting 3 words on a topic “valued” as much as putting up a proposal. Is there any way for DAOs to come up with their own ranking method for the forum?

Really positive to this

1 Like

Glad to hear this is useful to your DAO!

Forum activity right now looks at proposals created in the forum, proposals discussed, likes received, other topics created and replies. This is fully customizable per DAO and this part of the code is also open source, you can see the default logic on github /show-karma/reputation-scores/blob/main/src/score/default-dao-score.provider.ts (I don’t have permission to post links, that’s why the link is a bit malformed to get it through). Happy to jump on a call and explain further or discuss more here

1 Like

Thanks a lot for yet another round of input, it’s much appreciated!

If you hop into our Discord, we can sync and then schedule a meeting with the team to learn more about Karma and where you guys are headed! Does that sound ok?

Here is an invite for you just in case :sunglasses:

1 Like