[Proposal] Cat Herder Full-Time Role

Summary

Following up on this previous public vote and this forum post, it is hereby proposed that the current Cat Herders for the ProtocolDAO (dimsome) and mStableDAO (mZeroNine) complete the transition into the full-time role that was previously suggested to commence on the 1st of September 2021. This will increase their workload to 5 full days per week (8hrs/day) as Cat Herders for the respective DAO.

This change will add further responsibilities and an increased compensation to the role, with a brief summary of the key facts given below:

Specifics

Start date - September 1st, 2021

Compensation - 4583 mUSD monthly, which will be paid on the 10th of every month (or the closest workday following if the 10th falls on a weekend or holiday) from the Funding subDAO.

An additional 100k MTA will be streamed linearly via Sablier from the commencement of this position over 3 years, and be vested for the entire duration.

Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

• c.8hrs per day, 5 times per week allocated toward making sure the mStableDAOs and ProtocolDAOs governance processes run smoothly. This includes:
  • Maintenance of open communication threads on public channels such as the forum and Discord
  • Organising and facilitating DAO signer calls and maintaining meeting minutes
  • Making sure DAO signers reach quorum and execute transactions in a timely manner
  • Managing proposal workflows to ensure they are voted on and discussed when they need to be
  • Writing & posting on the Snapshot pages as a comms representative for the DAO
  • Compiling and consolidating signer feedback
  • Liaising between the mStableDAO, the ProtocolDAO, and GrantsDAO
  • Maintaining and continuing to build out the respective internal Notion pages for the DAO
  • Acting as a liaison between the wider mStable community and it’s Community Manager (Lord of the Discord)
  • Preparing quarterly transparency reports
  • Business Development outreaches to other protocols & DAOs as necessary to drive development of the mStable ecosystem and DAOs forward
  • Daily ecosystem research to find and investigate new opportunities & promising developments in the vertical
  • Management & maintenance of the subDAO processes & workflows within the respective DAO
  • Serving in an advisory role towards the Asset Management subDAO to locate new and promising opportunities to present to the committee on an ongoing basis
  • Flexible assistance & general support function for the wider mStable ecosystem when required

Independence from the mStable Genesis team & small print - This role is performed for the mStableDAO and ProtocolDAO respectively on the behalf of the mStable Community and all stakeholders.

All proposals, messages, decisions, and other legally and otherwise binding actions that originate from the respective Cat Herders are done exclusively on behalf of the respective DAOs, their stakeholders, as well as mStable community as a whole, and are presented as such.

Next Steps

If successful, both Cat Herders will commence work in the role as described above and continue in this role until otherwise decided upon via public vote starting on the 1st of September 2021.

Pending no significant objections, this proposal will be taken to a public Snapshot vote on the 24th of August 2021 and will remain open for 5 days to give adequate time for a concurrent discussion here on the forum.

As expected, we’re both really excited to be able to commit more time & energy to the project and the ecosystem as a whole, and are looking forward to see what Meta Governors have to say about us taking on this full-time commitment for the respective DAOs.

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

This proposal has made it’s way to Snapshot and is now open until Sunday for voting!

If you have any questions regarding any of the points included, please feel free to reach out here, or directly in Discord, and I’ll be happy to assist :blush:

2 Likes

The voting for this proposal has resolved in favour, and both @Dimsome and myself will commence as full-time Cat Herders starting this Wednesday! :raised_hands:

I want to take a quick moment and thank everyone who participated in this vote for their opinion and trust, and I think I speak for both of us if I say that we’ll do our very best to keep up and even improve upon the high level of quality and diligence you came to expect from the Cat Herders of the two DAOs.

If you ever want to get in touch with us with feedback or any other job-related query, please feel free to reach out to us here, or directly on Discord.

Once again, many thanks for your confidence in us, and looking forward to continuing down this DeFi rabbit hole with you all!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone for the support.

Never would I have thought that my dabbling in crypto and especially Ethereum and later DeFi would lead me to work for such a great DAO.

2 Likes

Incredibly excited to have you onboard @Dimsome. You are an integral part of the team now :muscle:

1 Like

Well done @mZeroNine. You have proven yourself as a slick and trustworthy operator. We’re all incredibly excited to have you on full time!

2 Likes