✅ [RFC] Add HAL Plugin to Snapshot

Summary

This RFC would like to consider adding the HAL Snapshot plugin to the mStable Snapshot page in order to give users an easy-to-access way for staying up to date with mStable Governance.

Abstract

HAL recently launched their new Snapshot Plugin, and it is suggested to add this feature to our own Snapshot Page in order to make it easier for Meta Governors to stay on top of current proposals outside of the current offering via Discord, Twitter, and EPNS.

After adding the plugin, users can simply subscribe to future mStable Governance updates directly on the Snapshot page.

Further information can be found in this handy tutorial provided by HAL.

Motivation

Staying up to date in DeFi is no easy task, and much less so if users are part of multiple communities. Therefore, offering updates on mStable governance proposals in as many different ways as possible to users is extremely important, and this Snapshot plugin marks a very direct and interactive way of doing so.

Pros

• Meta Governors have an additional avenue of staying up to date with mStable’s Governance
  • Ecosystem participants that utilize this feature in other protocols already have a much easier time to becoming a Meta Governor
  • HAL has previously partnered with mStable, and this collaboration will further strengthen this bond

Cons

• Might slightly dilute other collaborations in the space

Next Steps

It is suggested that the community comment on this RFC in the coming days, and bearing no significant opposition or change in ideation, we would move ahead with this RFC in the coming weeks and create a formal draft proposal on Github to be used for review.

Meta Governors are encouraged to provide as much feedback as possible until then, so we can create the best possible outcome for mStable and its users.

1 Like

This seems pretty cool. I’m more interested to read we have an EPNS? I searched for us on the EPNS app page and I didn’t see us. How do I subscribe?

1 Like

I would appreciate said functionality. I support the collaborator that will provide the best product. I’m curious if we will move any votes to Snapshot X in the future.

Don’t think the proposal is necessary in this case, but all for this initiative!

I think it’s a great initiative. I would love to have HAL smart bots playing with Snapshot data

Hi everyone, and thanks a lot for your feedback! I’ll be crafting the TDP for this now and submit it to the forum and Github in the coming days! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks a lot sir, great work with the HAL team on this :rocket: